Formerly known as: Discover Birch Bay Days
Saturday, August 26th, 2023
9 AM: Love Your Library 5K fun Run/Walk
- A fundraiser for the Birch Bay Library Express Project. Run is 1.6 miles one way and 3.2 miles both runs. Cost is $25 for people ages 13 and up, $14 for people ages 12 & under. All registrants will receive a t-shirt a bib & a raffle ticket. Click here for more information and to register.
- Please note – this part of the event is completely sponsored, supported and managed by Friends of Birch Bay Library.
10 AM: Birch Bay Parade
- Parde route will start at Birch Bay Drive & Alderson Road and head North on Birch Bay Drive to Harborview Dr. Do you want to participate in our parade?
11 AM – 5 PM: Vendor Market
- The vendor market for Derby Day will be held behind the Beach at Birch Bay & Beach Cat Brewing Co.. We are still accepting vendors for this year’s Derby Day event. If you want to be a vendor please reach out to Sacha via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
12 PM – 2 PM: Poker Run
- Birch Bay Poker Runs have become one of the best ways to “Join the Fun in Birch Bay!” Hop in your golf cart or on your bike, take in the sights and try your best to win the best 5 card poker hand! This is a family-friendly non-gambling event!
- Registration is closed – Call the office to see if space is available (360) 371-5004.
- CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL SCORE SHEET – WHICH WILL BE UPDATED LIVE IF WE HAVE ENOUGH VOLUNTEERS TO HELP WITH THIS EVENT.
3:30 PM Duck Derby
- The ducks are back in Birch Bay! What is a duck derby? A duck derby is a fun opportunity to win prizes! We have up to 800 plastic ducks to “sell” the sold ducks will be dropped into Terrell Creek around 3:30 PM on Saturday, August 26th and will travel South in Terrell Creek and we will attempt to catch those pesky ducks just before the C Shop Bridge over Terrell Creek! Online duck sales have ended. In-person duck sales will end at 2:30 PM on Saturday, August 26th, 2023.
- Prizes will be awared for the first 10 ducks accross the finish line & the last duck accross the finish line. Prize details coming soon!
- Duck Names and Numbers will be published HERE around 2:30 PM on Saturday.
3PM – 6PM: Billy Brown Crab Derby
- Birch Bay is famous for crabbing! Join Billy Brown for his annual Crab Derby Competition! Unlike the Duck Derby, we will not be racing crabs, plastic or otherwise! Billy will be on-hand to weigh your crabs, and catches for chances to win prizes! CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL RULES